- Inorder for you to use parts of the Site or the Services you will have to complete a registration form and create a user account (a “User Account”). Aspart of this registration process and in other circumstances, such as participation in promotional offers, we may require select personally identifiable information (“Personal Information”) such as the information listed in paragraph 3 below.
- We may collect, use, disclose and retain Personal Information for the following purposes:
Except as required for the foregoing, or where required by applicable law to do so, ShipperBee does not disclose Personal Information to third parties without your prior consent.In certain circumstances the Personal Information we collect and maintain may include:
- to open and maintain an account with us;
- to offer and provide licenses to use the ShipperBee Site or Services;
- to track when you are logged in to or out of the system;
- to track when you are at a distribution point, and what time you arrive and leave there;
- to track your progress through a delivery route and whether ShipperBee packageshave been successfully delivered;
- to track the exact route travelled along with the speed, time and any stops in between;
- to calculate Carrier Fees;
- to communicate with the emergency services (e.g. if you are involved in anaccident);
- to gather any other data required in order to oversee delivery performance, make improvements to the system, to process orders for products/services, etc.;
- to process payments;
- to input Carrier, shipper and mailbox ratings;
- to verify your identity as an authorized user concerning any accounts, and to implement, carry out and maintain security measures aimed at protecting our customers from identity theft, fraud and unauthorized access to accounts;
- to comply with legal or regulatory requirements (including those related to security);
- to promote and market products and services offered by us through text, email,phone or any other viable communication method;
- to respond to inquiries from you
- your name, address, telephone number, email address or other information to contactor identify you;
- information about the services provided to or by you;
- information about your transactions with us, including transactions, payment or billing history, credit card information, and other details and preferences;
- information from communications with you, including your feedback and requests for customer care;
- site activity information and cookies (see below);
- locationinformation of your mobile device when any one of our Apps is open on your device;
For example, we may automatically collect certain information from you, including but not limited to your browsertype, device type, operating system, software version, Internet Protocol("IP") address, geolocation, phone model, phone operating system, andthe domain name from which you accessed the Services. We also may collect information about your use of a Site or App, including the date and time you visit the Site or App, the areas or pages of the Site or App that you visit,the amount of time you spend viewing or using the Site or App, the number of times you return to the Site or App, other click-stream or site usage data, emails that you open, forward or click-through to our Site or App, and other sites that you may visit. We may also use third party cookies and other technologies to support our Services, provide services on our behalf, facilitate business transactions on our behalf, or provide relevant advertising to you. Some of these third parties may use technology such as cookies, web beacons, pixel tags, log files, or Flash cookies on our Sites or Apps, which may send some of the above-referenced information to those third parties.
Certain parts of our Sites and Apps require cookies. You are free to set your browser or operating system settings to limit certain trackingor to decline cookies, but by doing so you may not be able to use certain features on the applicable Site or App, or take full advantage of all of our offerings. Please refer to your Web browser’s or operating system’s website or"Help" section for more information on how to delete and/or disable your browser or operating system from receiving cookies or controlling your tracking preferences.
On your mobile device, you may also adjust your privacy and advertising settings to control whether you want to receive more relevant advertising.
Our response to requests for access to Personal Information will in all cases be in writing, and will confirm whether we are providing all or part of the requested information, whether or not we are allowing access or providing copies, and, if access is being provided, when that will be given.If access or copies are refused by us, we will provide written reasons for such refusal and the section of The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act or other applicable privacy legislation on which that refusal is based, along with the name of the person at ShipperBee who can answer questions about the refusal, and particulars of how the requesting individual can ask the Information and Privacy Commissioner of Canada or other applicable regulator to review our decision.The law permits individuals to submit written requests to us to correct errors or omissions in their Personal Information where that information is in our custody or control. We do require that all such requests be in writing, with no exceptions, and email is not considered to be in writing. We reserve the right to require sufficient information and detail from the individual in question in order to properly locate the information and provide a response.In the event that an individual alleges inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the Personal Information in our custody or control, we will either:
- access to their Personal Information, if any, under our custody or control;
- information about the purposes for which their Personal Information under our custody or control has been and is being used by us; and
- the names of persons or entities to whom, and the circumstances in which, their Personal Information has been and is being disclosed by us.
- Note that your ability to access your Personal Information under our control is not absolute and we reserve all our legal rights to not disclose Personal Information should we be of the view that it is not appropriate or reasonable to do so.
- correct the Personal Information and, if reasonable to do so, send correctionnotifications to any other organizations to whom we disclosed the incorrectinformation; or
- decide not to correct the Personal Information but annotate the Personal Information that a correction was requested but not made.
- Correctionsor amendments will not be made to opinions, including expert or professional opinions, as opposed to factual information, which may be corrected if in error.