February 27, 2020
Position Type: Full-Time
Do you work to accomplish tasks with a sense of passion, community and teamwork? We need you to help ShipperBee™ SWARM a $3trillion industry!
We’re hiring a General Accountant at our Guelph HIVE-quarters. The successful candidate will be the foundation of the department. As part of the small finance team working directly with the Controller to execute full cycle monthly accounting, you will do the “day-to-day” while building processes and systems to accommodate rapid scale up. You “know your stuff” and have likely worked in a variety of functional areas (AP, AR, Cash and Banking, Payroll). You’re organized and efficient and you recognize the need to meet timelines, roll up your sleeves and get things done! You also understand the importance of structuring for the future.
Are you ready to make your mark structuring a start-up for success? Initially this will be hands on transactional role and then advance to take on supervisory tasks as the business grows. If you have a proven track record of excellence in accounting, like building teams and process, and want to join a rapidly growing business –give us a BUZZ!
ShipperBee is on a mission to transform the way parcels are moved with our innovative parcel delivery service. We believe shipping shouldn’t be complicated, expensive or harmful to our planet. We believe in sustainable practices and an entrepreneurial spirit. It’s important to us that our new-BEEs share in our excitement of the ever-growing parcel shipping and e-commerce industries.
We are buzzing with excitement about the first-ever transformational parcel shipping system that is better for businesses, consumers and our environment.
· Build strong transactional accounting practices.
· Execute monthly tasks efficiently -transactional, reconciliations, investigations – including AP, AR, FA, Cash andBanking. Process and coordinate invoicing, receipts, payroll, financial statements, cash flow, and more.
· Work with Controller to implement financial systems and integrate data flow to automate high transaction volumes.Be on the team with developers and consultants to implement, automate, and integrate MS Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations modules.
· As Accounting lead support and liaise with auditors.
· Collaborate with HR to ensure payroll processes and records accurately
· Oversee all activities related to provincial, state, and federal tax compliance issues
· Confidence across a range of functional activities in full cycle accounting
· An accounting designation, education, equivalent experience or some combination thereof
· Not afraid to get into the detail and not afraid of volume
· Able to identify issues, explain to others and ready to educate and mentor
· Knowledge of how accounting systems work, and what “should be possible”
· You’re honest and open to feed-back
· You’re self-reliant, a good communicator, calm, trustworthy, and approachable
· Fluent in Microsoft office: Word, Excel, Outlook, andPowerPoint – perhaps even MS-F&O
On top of a base salary, we offer extended health and dental benefits, and healthy company stock options. We’re a small group, we take care of each other. We work hard to meet goals and targets – and help us all achieve success. But most importantly, you will be an integral part of shaping the future of shipping working with an experienced team of entrepreneurs and visionaries.
Inspired? Please send your resume to email@example.com with the subject: Accounting Manager